Friday, April 23, 2010

Reading Rainbow

Well, out our doctor's appointment today, there were two little kids playing in the waiting room while their aunt was being examined. At 4 and 3 years old, I'm not sure that I would have left my kids (or nieces/nephews) unattended like that but, that's just me.
Needless to say, both kids were very intrigued by how big my stomach is. I believe the 4 year old's exact words as I walked in were, "That lady has a really big tummy. Why???" It was pretty funny.
So, while I waited, the kids found an easy mark for a new person to read them stories - me. Yes, we read The Cottontail Bunny and Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes and discussed the merits of turtles and rabbits. The little girl was very excited to know that I'm a teacher because, as she put it, "I want to be a teacher and a doctor and an astronaut and a ballerina when I grow up." Well, it's nothing if not comprehensive ;)

4 comments:

Kelleen said...

Sounds like a well-rounded little girl! And I bet it'd be fun to do pirouettes in zero-gravity :)

Bridget said...

Yeah, what the heck was that lady thinking leaving a 3 and 4-year old alone? People never cease to amaze me. No shortage of stupidity there. The rest of your story was super cute, though! Ahhh, the days when anything was possible...

Melissa Geoghegan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Geoghegan said...

It's a good thing it was you and not some crazy in the waiting room with those kiddos! It sounds like they were very cute though!

Post a Comment