Yep - he has this insatiable need to ham it up for the camera...but, check out those muscles. Note: this is the mid-point picture. Floors already sanded and awaiting stain.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Floors beautifully sanded and just awaiting some stain...
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Well, my maniac of a husband took it upon himself to refinish the remaining floors in the house last weekend (our bedroom & the upstairs hallway). It was a ton of work for him to do on his own, and I felt really badly that I wasn't able to help this time. I think moving our big armoir is what finally did him in. So, while I've largely been able to overcome my OCD tendencies regarding the floor staining (that was always my job) & some spots that might not be perfectly blended, he did a really really great job. Steve might not be a naturally handy guy, but he sure gets an A+ for effort. It looks so much better than it did before and, hey, no more dreading floor refinishing...
To anyone out there who's crazy enough to think about refinishing your own floors, some words of caution from two crazy people once in your shoes. It's not rocket science, but there's a reason the pros charge so much - it's incredibly time consuming and physically demanding. But, the payoff is huge. Mostly, it's just plain awesome that we can say "WE did that!"

1 comments:
Wow! Amazing. You guys are DIY experts! Not sure if I'm crazy enough to try it myself, but I know who to consult if I ever dare make the attempt. Beautiful! Can't wait to see it with stain. :)
Post a Comment