Monday, May 31, 2010

4 weeks old...


All dressed up and nowhere to go...
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Auntie Rachel loves to cuddle...
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wyatt - I'm four weeks old today! That makes me a big boy :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm bigger and badder - 4 weeks old today!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Today, the babies are officially four weeks old! I cannot believe they've been here for that long already. I guess lack of sleep and a constant list of things to do (for them and around the house) have kept time a-flyin' ;)
In the past four weeks, the babies have both grown so much. Molly officially hit the 8-pound mark yesterday. Her little brother is still about a pound smaller, and while he is pretty developmentally on-par for his age, Miss Molly prefers to move at warp speed. Wyatt is still a pretty mellow little man...content to be cuddled or practice his own baby version of Tai Chi (think slow motion movements of hands and feet...he could give lessons). Molly, on the other hand, wiggles and squirms and prefers to be in the mix of things at all times (even at 2:00 in the morning). Yeah, that part isn't so fun.
The biggest developments in the past several weeks have been our continued battle with the colic/reflux monster. Molly has developed a serious case of this and we have been chasing down that elusive fix for it. Now, it seems her little brother is following not so far behind her down this path. Because I have to supplement their breastmilk with formula, my thought is that Wyatt's newfound stomach irratiblity is due to an slightly increased amount of formula in his bottles. As I said to the pediatrician when Molly's ultrasound was being done yesterday, food should be fun not painful. Hopefully our little beans will find some enjoyment in it soon...we're trying...really trying.
This past week, Auntie Rachel came to visit and meet the babies for the first time as well. She was an absolutely AMAZING help - we were all really sad that she had to leave so soon. Let me just say that she was able to take care of things around the house for me that had been sitting for several months. Like I said, AMAZING. This Saturday, Grandma Madelene comes back to visit for a little while. We're really lucky that they have been able to come help because I think I might have pulled my hair out (or run away crying) if not. Still, it's hard to be away from family and friends...and these brief visits just bring that home all the more. But, we're so thankful for the time we do get to spend with them.

2 comments:

Kelleen said...

Hey G,
I love all of your updates on the babies! I'm so thankful you find time to share them with us :)
If you ever want/need to vent about living far away, you've got my number... I obviously don't know what it's like with kids, but I know how far a sympathetic ear can go on those rough days. Chin up cousin! You can do it! :) Love you! <3

Bridget said...

Poor babies! Reflux sucks...for babies and mommies (and daddies). I hope they're doing better. I'm done with finals at the end of the week, so I'll definitely be calling to check in on you guys. I wish I could come visit! :( I'm so glad I can keep up on their progress through your blog. Not the same as being there, but better than nothing! Miss ya lots!

Post a Comment