Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!


Wyatt's first photo op...he'll probably hate me for posting this one day.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Molly's first photo op...it's a little heavy on the tubing, but that girl has spunk!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

No turning back now - the last photograph before 2 became 4...
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Well, I've been remiss in updating the ol' blog of late...our last post was on Monday 5/3, which proved to be an auspicious day. At 11:05 and 11:06 in the evening, Molly Joy and Wyatt Alexander were born. Steve and I were sent to the hospital by the on-call doctor at my OBGYN's office (someone I'd never met before). I started having some bleeding earlier in the evening and then a few contractions that were uncomfortable. Once I'd had 4 in an hour, off to the hospital we went. Neither of us thought we'd be there for the duration, but we did put my bag in the car none-the-less.
Upon arrival, they immediately started an IV drip (again, routine for me) and hooked me up to the twin fetal heart rate monitors and the contraction monitor. Again, routine. What was not routine however, was the spike in my blood pressure that they couldn't control or stabilize. So, after what seemed like a short period of time, I was being wheeled off to the OR and Steve was changing into scrubs. This was the point where I freaked out just a smidge ;)
But, after a spinal block (very strange feeling BTW) and being strapped down to the table, it was time.
Molly was born first and weighed in at 5 lbs, 13 oz...Her little brother followed one minute behind and weighed 5 lbs, 10 oz. As Steve likes to say, "There was almost 40 inches of baby inside you!" Yeah, no kidding - I felt it ;)
Wyatt was taken to the nursery, while little Miss Molly was carted off to the NICU and put on a CPAP (breathing machine) and subsequently also treated for jaundice. Needless to say, her hospital stay was a bit longer than ours - she stayed a full week. But, she was able to come home on Mother's Day - pretty darn awesome.
So, Happy Birthday, babies...daddy and mommy love you both very very much!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment