Wyatt & Molly at 1 Month Old
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Strollin' along
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Well, we celebrated the babies' one month "birthday" with a walk to the farmer's market yesterday for lettuce and tomatoes. Let me just say, couldn't have picked a more humid day. I think all three of us were happy to be back inside when we got home. However, they were probably more excited for lunch time :)
In the past month, life sure has changed. There have been moments of despair (what with a total lack of sleep and all), moments of wonder/awe, moments of confusion, moments filled with chaos, and moments filled with a kind of quiet joy that both Steve and I have come to love. My favorite time has come to be my 3am feeding time with the babies...it's quiet and calm (usually) and filled with cuddles.
The babies really are amazing little people - I know all parents say that about their kids. But, they are. They have grown and changed so much in such a short amount of time. I really look forward to the months ahead when they sleep through the night for longer stretches or are a bit more interactive, but I'm already missing those tiny baby moments. It's sad how fast it goes - even with the colic and reflux problems they've been having. It wasn't so long ago that Wyatt fit (with room to spare) on Steve's forearm...or that Molly was trying to crawl up the walls of her isolette in the NICU. It's amazing to think that we did this. Well, with the help of some pretty amazing doctors.
For those of you who don't know, Steve and I had to go through IVF to get our little bundles. So, it's been a long & emotional road (really long road) to get to this point. Starting with multiple rounds of fertility tests, then finding and meeting with our reproductive endocrinologist to a myriad of hormone injections each day to September 7, 2009 when the little eggies were surgically taken from me and inseminated...and life began for Miss Molly and Mr. Wyatt. It was just them and me for 8.5 long months (36 weeks to be exact) and it's been surreal, if not a little awe-inspiring, to realize that these little people belong to us for forever. Coming out of my post-partum haze, I feel really lucky and blessed to have our family - geriatric and epileptic dogs and all. It might be a crazy life, but it's our life...
Happy One Month, babies!!!

1 comments:
I am so proud of you Mommy! I know it has not been easy but you and Steve are amazing parents and the babies are so lucky. Time really does fly by so try to enjoy each stage and age. It seems like yesterday I was having Brady and now he's almost one. Just remember that every month will bring its own special moments and challenges. Try to take the time to soak it all in! I love you and am only a phone call away if you need to talk! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures! xo xo xo
Post a Comment