
Wyatt learning to sit up all on his own...
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Big sister Molly giving her big girl chair a spin...
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Well, if someone had told me I'd be thrown into the deep end of motherhood from the get go, I might have turned tail and run as fast as my not-so-little legs could carry me. The last two months with the babies have been some of the most wonderful and yet, most difficult times in my life. I have found myself switching between absolute wonder at the amazing little people they're growing into, and then utter despair as they continue to encounter health issue after health issue. Our poor little beans have had to deal with so much in their short little lives - it's heartbreaking to watch. But, those days when they're feeling a bit more up to the challenges of the world make everything so worth while. They're tough little cookies, stubborn to the core - not unlike their mommy and daddy. If there's anything I hope they learn it's to persevere even when life is tough...because it all too often is. And, they are. I'm amazed at the way these little tiny people continue to greet each day with new wonder, even though they continue to have hurts and pains that we can't yet seem to fix.
Yesterday marked their first 8 weeks of life...and while I look back at the way things have changed, I cannot imagine our life without them. They're getting so big and learning to do new things each day. So, for all the sleepless nights, endless bouts of heartbreaking baby sobs, and frustrations at not being able to fix their hurts...my life as a mommy isn't something I'd trade for anything in the world. We wanted one, but got two in our bargain. For all the times I prayed and begged God to give us the chance to be parents, to help us find a way...I never expected this. They are beautiful little miracles (my very own little science experiments)...and like a woman recently told me...they are the flowers of God. I only hope that we are able to be everything they deserve as parents. But, more than anything, in spite of whatever frustration we may inevitably feel, I hope they always feel loved.

1 comments:
They are so lucky to have you as their Mommy and Daddy! Someday you will tell them about this time when they were so young and they will thank you for loving them some much then and always!
Post a Comment