The family at 7 weeks!
Daddy's 1st Big Day
Yesterday we celebrated Steve's first Father's Day...it was pretty mellow but definitely a time to reflect on the importance of dads in our lives. I've always known that Steve would be a great father. He's sensitive and kind and has a fun energy that says "I'm ready to play." The babies are lucky to have him for their dad.
When they were born (7 weeks ago today!), Steve's first words as they were being taken from me were a very teary "Oh wow." I don't think that simple sense of wonder has faded yet. He's continually amazed by all the little things that the babies do each day - "Oh, look, he's smiling!" or "She's grabbing my finger!" It's really the one thing I looked forward to most throughout the months of the pregnancy (and everything leading up to that)...seeing what he would be like as a dad. Well, folks, he's a pretty awesome one. He shares those middle of the night feedings and isn't afraid of a poopy diaper...but more importantly, he's just very loving and sweet with both of them.
Last week, a woman I met when my mom and I took the babies to Matterhorn Gardens told me that our bundles were the flowers of God. Well, daddy is their very special gardener. Happy Father's Day, Steve...you and I may have our differences every once in a while, but you will always have my vote as the very best daddy our little babies could ever possibly have. We are all lucky to have you.
Love,
G, Molly, Wyatt, Sydney & Maxx

0 comments:
Post a Comment