Friday, March 19, 2010

Contraction Action - it is NOT like Conjunction Junction

Well, the past two weeks have certainly been eventful. Steve traveled to San Jose the weekend before last and, as Murphy's Law would have it, I was sent to the hospital with contractions while he was away. Needless to say, he was prety panicked and upset that I was by myself...but all is okay. Because of the frequency of the contractions (an average of 4-6 per hour), the doctors put me on modified bed rest. So, as my second week of not working comes to a close, I'm adjusting. The real worry has been the stress that the contractions are putting on the babies, and the possibility of them being strong/frequent enough to actually rupture their water membranes. So, for now, I'm taking it easy. At our last appointment with the perinatologist on Monday, she guestimated another 4-5 weeks but doesn't anticipate them waiting much beyond that. We're hoping they stay put for as long as possible, even though it's getting pretty darn crowded in there ;) They each measured approximately 3.5 pounds as of Monday, so we've got a couple of little porkers ;) But, good growth is a good sign :) Friends (and Steve) have said I'm all tummy, but seriously...those babies only account for a small percentage of the weight gain that makes me gasp a little - yes, I know it's all for a good cause.

1 comments:

Melissa Geoghegan said...

Moe always told me I was just "extra beautiful"! I love you honey....take it easy and hang in there so that you and the babies can keep growing! :)

Post a Comment